Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A deficient nation

Salam Alaik.

Tense, this week has been. As far as I had concern, I was living in a very deficient nation, or at least, in a deficient society of academician.

Why did I say so?

I had seen how other nation works, and how they had affected our people whose worked with them as well. Some even performs better and being utter respected by them. I am mentioning about the Japanese, very clean, efficient and discipline people I had ever seen in the world, the good reason why they still upfront and lead the technology-bound nation. There's also bad qualities, but this is not the time to emphasize such insignificant.

Back to our nation, I say, it is very2 well far beyond. Our 'Look to the East' vision had not affected many, unfortunately.

I had been in such difficulties, completing my Final Year Project. Bureaucracy, failure of authorities to be professional and insignificant technical problems had set my project far apart from being complete.

I was, mingling around finding the right and reliable equipments, but found none. If it is there, people seems to be treating them as it is their own. How obnoxious!

Failing equipments, improper service and handling, those are reasons why those things consumes much money, but never gave any result or benefit, to the student or the varsity. Money wasted, where things are not running. Pethathic.

My suggestions is, if there's not-so-reliable equipment are around, why don't we replace it, or send it for servicing by authorized professional, so it wont be broken again?

Else, contracts should be reviewed, and contractors/suppliers should not be given a light-heart. We pay them to get good product/service, why bother giving a smiling face while they gave you troubles? Simple, yet I am not understand why it can't happen.

And, why there's months long for equipment repair expenses approval? Is it that hard to get things signed/stamped? Go and check the machine/equipment! For the sake of academic, please...

I dunno about these people, but the way they work is far fetched from being efficient, and, as an engineer-to-be, I hate deficiencies as much as I love optimizations...

I am leaving, and hoping I will get to somewhere I think efficiencies are treated as it should... Thanks a lot!

No comments: